do you buy a christmas gift for your child's teacher? if so, how much do you spend?

lol this is my first kid in school so i am new to all this! also, do you give anything to the bus driver (if your kid rides the bus)? i thought it would be nice to give them something on the last day before the winter break. thanks for your input!

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just something little. I gave all her teachers a Christmas card, that was about it.
    I gave them gift bags after she graduated (pre school) with body spays and thank you card and Photo of my daughter.
    If you wanna give mor ethat just a card, make a small gift bag with maybe body spray, lotions hair accessories etc.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I try and find a little something for his teachers. If nothing else a $10 gift card from a book store or teachers supply store always seems to be welcome. Stay away from apples and World's Greatest Teacher things, friends who are teachers say they have way to much of that.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i usually get the teacher a card and a candle, and some type of chocolates or cookies..(under 10bucks)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I do. I usually go to Bath and Body works and get a body cream for each.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I usually spend about $10 on the teacher... a candle or something from bath and body works and a $5 gift card to starbucks. Unless I know of something specific that the teacher collects or enjoys and then I try to get something that falls in line with that. I also have my son make an ornament or the card to go with the gift.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ok ladies those are some great suggestions! i bought a little enamel reindeer i wanted to give to his teacher...it cost less than 20 bucks and i was thinking some homemade cookies in a pretty can for the busdriver.
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think it's nice to get something for someone who dedicates so much of their time to your child, but I can tell you that not as many parents do it as they used to. I remember being a child and ALWAYS taking a gift for the teacher and classroom aid. The last few years I taught everyone was in such a pinch few of my students brought gifts. I am sure your child's teacher would be very appreciative of any token of thanks (and homemade goodies are always welcome!) LOL.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• For the bus driver I do a travel mug fill it with candy and stick a starbucks or tim hortons gift card in ($5) Even if they dont like coffee there are other things they can use it on.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• we made christmas ornaments each year witht the air dry clay. that way it is personalized and helps the teacher remember you child. also it is cheap and the kids have a blast
    tonidrum214

Answer by tonidrum214 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yes around10.00
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2010