Is diarrhea during the 1st trimester normal/okay?

This is my 5th pregnancy but first with this problem. I'm 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and I've had diarrhea (accompanied by stomah cramps) daily for over a week now. It sometimes hits during the day but consistently gets me every night when I get in to bed. I'm planning to switch practitioners so I haven't seen anyone yet with thus pregnancy. Hoping to get some insight here! :)

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I should add that my diet is really sporadic as I am very sick, but that is no different than any of my previous pregnancies.
    fluud7

Comment by fluud7 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You should be fine and so should the baby just make sure you drink more water because you loose a lot of it when you have diarrhea. Hope you feel better soon. Try eating more bland foods to see if that helps with it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It can be normal and is sometimes a result of hormones.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes,It's normal
    You're Doc will also tell you the same !
    Don't Panic
    GreatestGifts

Answer by GreatestGifts at 10:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Don't panic, I'm 11 weeks and have had it off and on since about 4 weeks.... sometimes its worse than others
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's diarrhea now but later it will be constipation hemroids and fissures >_
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ha. Thanks for the encouragement, 405MOM.
    fluud7

Comment by fluud7 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010