Is it really such a bad thing...

To eat just one meal a day? I know, I know, you're "supposed" to have 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolic rate up but who decides this crap? If I eat more than one meal a day I gain weight, even though I walk a good 20-30 miles a week and eat mostly fruits and veggies. I do have fruit for breakfast and then a meal mostly comprised of veggies and soy cheese and occasionally meat done up in various ways. I take supplements, spiruleena for iron and amino acids (protien source) and I take fish oil, E, yada yada etc... etc...you name it, I've got it covered. And I FEEL FINE...so who's to say it's such a bad thing eating once a day anyway? I'm thin and healthy and I like it that way!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• whatever works for you. it really just depends on your schedule and your body.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, you're not supposed to eat six small meals a day. It's about getting enough calories, fats, nutrients, etc to keep your body healthy. You can ruin your blood sugar, your organs, your heart, your lunchs, your muscles, your blood pressure .. All by not eating enough during the day. If you continue to harm your body ("You" being whoever does) you will ultimately be slowly killing yourself. Your body NEEDS a certain amount of calories, fats, and nutrients a day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It is not something that is just decided upon by someone it is the way our bodies work.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Its bad because you dont get the nutrition that you need. The supplements are not enough. You should see a phycrist...you are to worried about your weight and sound more like you are anorexic. Please tell me you dont feed your children this way.
    Anonymous

• Yes, because it messes with you blood sugar level and causes your body to store the food and nutrients you do eat as fat. You are gaining weight when you do eat correctly because your body is being starved and taking in all the nutrients it can get and storing it as fat. Eat correctly. Stop abusing your body. See a doctor because it sounds like you could be developing an eating disorder.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010