Do you conside crap a bad word?

My husband said it, and i asked him not to say it in front of our 2 year old, and he said why? its not a bad word. I think that it is. Opinoins.

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that it is a bad word and avoid saying it. If my kids ever said it they would be in big trouble.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hmm, well since we're trying not to say fuck in front of our 1 year old, crap is on the list of words we are saying.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• consider***
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Comment by Mommy2JoshNJake (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• not a bad word at all. it's my go to word when i don't want to curse.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i would rather my ten year old say that than the alternative!!!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We consider it a 'bad word.' I have never used it and our kids won't be allowed to. I don't think my husband has used it either. It is slang and poor speech.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I guess it would depend on the context in which it was used. If you were saying, "Oh, crap!" I can see it. But if you were saying, "I am going to take a crap." I find it disgusting and crude - and if the later came out of one of my kids' mouth's -- there would be big trouble.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no, crap is the 'good' word for sh!t lol. and dang or darn for damn....heck for hell.....it goes on lol. i wouldn't care personally, but you can always tell your kids what you consider to be a 'grown up' word and it's not ok for them to say.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My little old neighbor lady used to shout "Oh, Joy!" when she was reaching for a swear word. Cutest thing in the world to see someone spitting mad and swearing the word "Joy."

I wouldn't be upset at my husband for saying the word "Crap," but I'd be upset if my child said it. They need to learn what's appropriate and what's not, despite where they first heard it...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No! not in the least!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010