Is this a good idea?

Instead of killing ourselves with the stress of how sometimes our husbands/SOs can be SLOBS an incosiderate about it. How about not expecting him to know any better how about not asking him to do anything at all and just do it all yourselves like its usually done, wouldn't this save a LOAD of stress instead of expecting some consideration or gee hey that garbage is full, instad of throwing MORE in I should take it out..is this a good idea lol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• This is gonna sound kinda bad, but I treat my bf like a kid sometimes. It is less stressful to me, and it helps him get things done too.

Example: I was cooking dinner 2 days ago. The trash was full. Me: "Babe, can you empty the trash please?" BF: "Yeah np I didn't see it was full." Trash taken out, deed done.

Or, when leaving for work, Me: "Babe, can you do the dishes at some point so we have plates to eat off of tonight?" BF: "Yeah np I can do that"

I just ask and it gets done...I got tired of just expecting him to do it, I don't expect ANYTHING house related anymore.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Haha! Yeah!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, you could, if you wanted to live your life as his mother. He's a grown man, he should know how to rinse a plate out, take the trash out, ect. He did it when he lived at his parents house growing up, he can very well do it at his own house. I'm sorry, but i don't remember saying in my vows, i promise to clean up after you every day of our lives..
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• But see, asking for him to do it even still stresses me out because it brings me back to the thought of wow, you use this garbage don't you? you see that the crap you're throwing in it can fall out the side...WHY wouldn't you take it oooout?! lol *kinda turned this question into a vent sorry*
    Anonymous

• lol good point armywife43, but he didn't have any chores at his house when he was with his parents. His mother did everything-which is partly the inspiration for this question..because she is always happy and never asks for any help. lol
    Anonymous

• But if you lower your expectations, you'll never be disappointed :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you sound stressed out yourself, I think its probably more then housework and garbage bothering you. Honesty, I pretty much do everything other then once in awhile he takes the garbage out. I never even think about it. He works 6 days a week, i dont, my days are filled with the kids, I make my own schedule and we pretty much do what ever we want. When dinner is cooking I usually take a half hour or so and do a quick sweep of the house and do a quick clean. I guess some mornings when Im walking around picking all his stuff up from the night before, I think I have another child, but thats as far as the thought goes. If we have time to play on the computer and do whatever else fills our time, I dont see the big deal about cleaning. When we both worked full time, we shared more of the chores, I dont see the point anymore.
    Anonymous

• that sucks. i just ask my husband to do anything and he almost always does the first time told. i give him extra sex if he helps out more and he knows this. it's like a bargaining tool. he knows he scores points with me and when i'm not as tired then he knows he gets might get some. try it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I don't make my husband do anything around the house besides helping me take out the trash every Tuesday night..that's it....for the simple fact he is the main income..i mean yeah i start work Monday, then we won't really be home....so...but if he is home by himself he will occasionally do something!! :)
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2008