Men ... are they just incapable of learning ANYTHING?

I've discovered this is a common problem among men - they do NOT realize that the power button on ANYTHING serves any other purpose than turning something ON. How the hell do they think shit gets turned OFF? Does the electronics fairy go behind him and turn every damn tv and light off in the house? Apparently so!

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry to hear that. My hubby is pretty good about these things.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's not just men who do this.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• umm...My Dh doesn't have that problem, if any thing he's got the opposite problem. He unplugs EVERYTHING unless we are using it. . You shouldn't lump ALL men in together...its ignorant.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• the question was said in humor, no reason to be insulting.
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Your post does not sound humorous in the slightest so that's why no one has taken it that way. A lot of women with good men find it insulting when burned women generalize that ALL men are stupid, pigs, assholes, ect.....
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's why there are no men who have ever passed a driver's test or learned how to do anything like hunt or build houses.

You should live with my dad --or grandfather-- the power nazis. You'd think that much shouting would more the compensate for a 40 watt bulb being left on for a day...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My DH is a good guy, but has some things that he does that bug the H*ll out of me and by joking about it with other women is a good way of not blowing my top. Lighten up and learn to laugh!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Haha That's funny.
    My husband is actually better then I am.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I thought it was funny! Seriously, hobbitswife seems to have some underlying issues there...
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• LOL! my hubby used to do the same thing and i would always just laugh at him. It was kinda cute hmmm what would he do without me?!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010