How do you think the nation would be affected....

What do you think would happen if Obama was elected and was assassinated shortly after taking place in office? I am not WISHING this on him (I'm voting for him), but I was thinking about this the other day. How do you think it will affect the nation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG! I voted for McCain, but I still think that if Obama was assassinated it would be a terrible thing. He is a young man with a wife and 2 little girls as well as being a politician.as far as the country goes, if Mr. Obama is the president and God forbid something terrible happened, Mr. Biden would take over and probably do his best to implement Mr. Obama's plans.
    Anonymous

• It would be a tragedy and I hope it never happens. I'm a McCain supporter, but I hope that never, ever happens. Actually I had a dream, well nightmare, that Obama did win and when he realized his plan wouldn't work he committed suicide. That would be a terrible, terrible tragedy.
    Anonymous

• I, along with the millions of supporters, would be devestated. Those that don't support him would be upset, I hop. But most of all, the ones that would be affected the most are the ones that call him Daddy..and I just pray that never happens.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Worse would be McCain winning and then dropping dead and that imbecile Palin getting the top job in America is more of a scary thought than Obama winning and being assinated. When Obama Wins, and He WILL (YES WE CAN) the Secrete Service is gonna have him VERY secure, no matter where he goes. You think the Pope is protected, just you wait till Obama is President! 

Obama!!  YES WE CAN!!!!!!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Scary thought, BO being president. Even scarier thought, Biden the walking gaffe machine being president. Wow, there are no words.
    Anonymous

• You know I was reading this question and then I got to the part where ya just had to call her an imbecile, and I'm like OK if she's an imbecile, WTH is Obama? I sometimes deep down hope you all get your Obama wish so a republican can take back over in 2012 after Obama has messed things up royally. Now my answer it would be a shame if Obama got assasinated, this coming from a McCain supporter. I would feel extremely sad for his kids and his wife.
    Anonymous

• I would feel sad only for the kids, yet not surprised. I do not wish it on him, I wish alot of other things on him, but not death. I almost wish he would win and be known forever as the worst Democratic President ever ensuring another one like him would ever be elected again.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ha Ha Ha akinbottom2 I couldn't have said it better myself. That'll make it pretty easy for Palin to take it in 2012, that is if she keeps on living and fufilling her promises.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Whats with all of this anonymous crap?  Its people like you that real people are afraid of, you're your own best terrorists, in the closet racists, bigots, sexist, self righteous zealots, and probably republicans too.

Out nation would suffer like we did with JFK and Abraham Lincoln.

grandmablondie

Answer by grandmablondie at 6:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It would be a horrible thing for any President to be assasinated, or die while in office, or commit suicide....I would never wish that upon anyone.....But, it is a conceiveable fact that any person taking on the office of President of the United States could die at any moment-whether natural causes or otherwise..... Anyone in the world does not know when their days are up, just a fact of life(no pun intended)....But, I have a feeling that if something were to happen to Obama-if he gets into Office-that the Democratic Party will blame the Republican Party even if we had no ties to it! And they will claim race, I hope not, but they are the only ones pulling the race card....
    Anonymous