Are baths okay?

I havent had a nice bath in years!!! So, now I want one and someone said some dumb things about bathing and pregnancy. True?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not true.

In a normally clean home, there are no risks for pregnant women that come from baths --not even from really hot baths, because even with promises of money and rewards, researchers couldn't get people to stay in hot water long enough to raise their core temperature a whole degree.

Even after your water has broken, it's safe to bathe.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• From what I have read, and what my midwives told me when I was pregnant, baths are okay as long as they're not too hot. It's unfortunate, because I'm the type of person who likes it hot enough to turn my skin red, but if there's a chance it could hurt the baby, it's not worth it. When I was in labor with my first daughter, we did a water birth, which we loved, but the midwife wouldn't let the water be much more than lukewarm.
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Great, my house is clean so im going in!!
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• NOT TRUE! I had a bubble bath EVERY NIGHT until I had my son. That was my me time =) The only thing I was ever told was to not make it to hot...like your skin should not turn bright red...but yes its fine...and makes you feel so much better!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• as long as its not crazy hot, you're fine. I took baths regularly with all three of my pregnancies. My DR even recommended warm baths towards the end of my pregnancies to help with muscle pain.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You're fine to take a bath. I believed that stupid advice when I was pregnant with my son and i would have LOVED to have a bath. I'm 11 weeks now and I'm taking baths all the time!! I almost have to because the hot water from the shower makes me dizzy and I end up sitting down in the shower so I don't fall. If I'm gonna end up in the tub might as well start there:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yeah I have always taking hot baths, there not boiling but it helps ooooo so much

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• YOU CAN BATHE BUT DONT MAKE WATER TO HOT
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I surely hope it's fine lol, I take lukewarm bubble baths almost every night, it's so relaxing and helps with some of my aches.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Not true at all. Just don't take a bath more than 100 degrees.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 12:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010