15 month old throwing fits lately? Common for this age?

My 15 month old son has recently become very crabby. He throws fits at least once or twice a day for no apparent reason. He's not had much of an appetite, especially at dinner, and it has been really tough to get him to go to sleep lately. No teeth seem to be trying to come in, and he isn't sick or anything like that. I was thinking a growth spurt maybe? Has anyone else dealt with this around this age?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its very common especially with children who can't express what they want with words so that mommy can understand. Also i have read online that fit throwing is actually a way for children to lern self independence. So its actually a good thing your lo throw fits...now when my 22 month old does it hard for me to remember that lol as sure it is for you while a fit is happening but try to while it happening. The best way to get a fit to stop is to ignore it. Once they see that no one is paying attention the fit stops almost immediately. Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yep and it keeps getting worse...i think my son hit the terriable 2's a little soon lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My daughter will be 18mths this month and for the pat 3mths she has been throwing her self back or banging her head on the floor today at the dr we set her down on a chair and did not let her get up so she threw herself to the side and hit the chair so now she has a bruise under her left eye
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 11:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yup! Mine is 18 months but he has been doing it since about 14m maybe? They have only gotten worse! I hate how he throws himself backwards while he is doing it and hits his head on the floor! I have gotten to the point where I just slowly lay him back myself and then walk away to let me scream and kick all by his lonesome lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010