anyone ever have gender let down?

When you really want one sex and have the other? Okay, I'm not being selfish, I will be happy and blessed by either sex. When I hold my baby nothing else could have been more perfect but as of right now, I am soooo hoping for another girl and I'm afraid I won't be happy when I hear BOY on the u/s. I have a feeling its a boy and I'm trying to prepare. I have had a stillborn girl and a healthy girl afterwards, also have a 4 year old son. So, how do i kick this feeling? Do you think its b/c of losing a girl that i keep wanting girls?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I really wanted a baby girl, or so I thought. I had a boy instead, and I can't even imagine myself with a girl now. I didn't find out the gender at the ultrasound though. You already know that you'll lovde this baby no matter what, and maybe you'll get what you're hoping for anyway!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 10:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sorry for the typos... baby in one hand, typing with the other...
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 10:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• After having 2 girls and 1 boy, I wanted another boy but had let down when my last baby was a girl. But now I'm thankful b/c my 1 son is more trouble than my 3 girls combined. I think even if you have gender disappointment, you quickly learn to get over it and be thankful for a healthy baby--no matter the gender.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I will admit.. yes I did! At 16 weeks my OB told me that he was 90% sure I was have boy/twins. I was ECSTATIC and really got used to the idea even though I knew he wasn't 100% sure. We already have a boy and a girl right now so the thought of having even numbers seemed so perfect to me! Well.. we go in for my big 18 week scan with a specialist and right away she says "OH two boys! How cute!" .. I was just like "WHAT?!?!" lol!! I kept asking her to make sure she was really seeing two penises, sure enough.. there was no denying them! I was disappointed at first but that quickly went away. Boys are just as much fun as girls and now my daughter can be Queen Bee of the house. It was just a little hard to accept at first since this will be our last pregnancy (i'm getting tied afterwards), and would have loved to experience the little girl phase one more time!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ^^Oops I meant boy/girl twins
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have to admit that I was a little disappointed that my first was not a girl. A lot of my friends had girls, so why didn't I? This boy is now nearly 13 and an amazing kid. He and I were just surfing cafepress.com together and laughing. He now has a sister and a brother and I wasn't disappointed with either of them. I realized that as long as they were healthy and better sleepers (the child still doesn't sleep much) than my first I would be fine. And although boys going through puberty isn't always fun, I'm glad I have to deal with just the one girl now - I couldn't take more than one going through the hormones from h*ll stage like my DD.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I already had three girls, when I found out I was pregnant, and I really wanted a boy, I was kind of sad when they told me it was another girl. I got over it, and am very happy with my four girls, but I was sad at first...
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my oldest son I wanted a girl so bad. Mainly because I wanted his fathers family to shut up about all the could have was boys. I wanted to break the trend. Anyways when they said BOY I started crying. I was happy he was healthy. I actually had a boys name picked out since before he was born. Then at 10 weeks I had a dream I had a boy and what I named him. After about an hour of being wishy washy I was excited AS EVER and out shopping!
    J.Norman

Answer by J.Norman at 4:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I really want a boy and they run heavy in my bf's family but I have a feeling I'm going to have a girl just because everyone else wants me to lol...I understand being happy with whatever we are blessed with but I think every mother has her want.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2010