How many of you used a toddler bed?

I used it with my first daughter but with my second and 3rd kids I switched from crib to a normal bad. I don't know, but the toddler bed seems such a waste of money to me now..
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've always felt they were a waste of money too. We had one for my son but he never slept in it so we got rid of it and got a twin bed. Now my daughter is 2 and is in a twin bed. We did take the bed apart and put the mattress and box spring on the floor so she can get in and out easier.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have a converter bed so there was no more money spent. Good thing too because I dont have any more money to spend lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I used one with my daughter and it was a complete waste of money. She couldn't stand it and refused to sleep in it! I think it was just how small it was. We put a full sized bed in her room shortly after and she took right to it! SO, with that being said, we totally skipped the toddler phase and went straight to the big boy twin bed with my son and from day one he has been sleeping in it like a pro
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had one and it was a total waste for my son.
    We went right to a normal sized bed within two months
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 11:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Wow, weird. I have one for my daughter and while she destroyed the cute canopy that was on it my jumping in it, she sleeps in hers no problem.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I probably wouldn't buy a separate toddler bed, but we did buy a Baby's Dream convertible crib. It starts as a crib, converts to a toddler bed, then later you add the rails and a full size mattress for a full size bed. We've really like it so far. I also liked that their mattress is so low we could wait a little longer to change it to a toddler bed and still keep him safe from climbing out. If his crib hadn't been convertible, we probably would have bought a full size bed (maybe leave it on the floor or put side rails up until we felt comfortable that he won't roll out. His changing table also flipped over to become a regular dresser too. I definitely feel like convertible baby furniture was a good investment for us. He'll be able to use it for many years in one form or another.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We went straight from a crib to a twin or full bed for all 4 of my older kids (and will be doing the same for our 4 month old). Toddler beds always seemed a waste of money to me too.

Answer by missanc at 10:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I always thought they were a wast of money too. but my son would not stop climbing out of his crib and we were very broke at the time as my husband had been laidoff so we bought a used toddler frame and put his crib mattress on it. It has worked out ok not wonderful but ok. he is almost 3 now and we are looking into a twin bed for him now that we have some cash again. If I had it to do over and our finances were different I think I would have gone for the twin right off the bat .
    rachblue

Answer by rachblue at 12:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2010