Old Wives' Tales....

How many people actually believe in Old Wives' Tales? If you do which one's? I know that there are so many.

Example: If a woman during her pregnancy has heartburn the baby will be born with hair. (Side note - I had heartburn every night with my last baby and the boy came out with a full head of hair.)

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 11:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I believe in the heart burn one 2! Same way with my son i couldnt take anything for it that would help either...I had DS 6 weeks eairly and he still had a head full of hair lol...i dont remember many of them though...lol...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Wives tales are a crock of crap. It is sheer coincidence that some of these come out "true". I've heard so many people say they had a ton of heartburn and a a bald baby...yada yada.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't believe in them, but the heartburn one and the heartbeat were both right for me. I had heartburn with both my sons and they both had a full head of hair - even my youngest who was born 4 weeks early had so much hair all the nurses were amazed!! I didn't have it all that bad with dd and she had very little hair when born - although it is down to her bottom now!!

The heartbeat was right too - boys were in the 140's my entire pregnancy and dd was in the 160's.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had heartburn with both of my girls and they were born bald :P
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i never had heartburn, and my daughter came out with tons of hair..it was down to her bum by the time she was 2.5yrs old

the one about babys heart beat worked for me tho..(high means girl, low means boy), was right for my sisters 2 kids too..
    same with the way we both carried
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had heartburn a lot but I she was born with no hair
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't mean to sound bitchy in my response ( re-read it and I sounded that way) but I'm 11 weeks pregnant and EVERYONE wants to play the stupid wives tale game with me and I just DON"T believe it. It's annoying me!! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• LOL I don't believe in them,if it comes true it is just luck.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had heartburn really bad with all three of mine and they all had a full head of hair. My second child was 6 weeks early and had a full head of hair.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• nope, do not believe in them.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010