So exactly how am I such a bad person ... ( this is my rant after finding facebook messages from a few women I know )

When I was 17 I fell in love for the first time. At 18 I got married and had my first baby, and had a pretty great life, 2 years later I got pregnant with my second baby and my husband passed away. 1 1/2 years later I got remarried to a great guy , we knew each other from high school, became best friends that bloomed into more. A year later he had an affair we tried to work it out but the woman got pregnant and he left.

It is now 2 years later and I am "engaged" again... I do want to be married again but I am waiting for awhile before we actually do it.

My 2 kids are my world & no matter what they come before anyone, they are with me almost 24/7 , the only time I am without them is when I HAVE to be ( school, drs appt, etc) . I have my own money & alot of it to make sure my kids & I are taken care of. I have been in love with all 3 & they are the only ones I have been with - Why do i deserve to be called a whore ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• You dont, and whoever is doing is only doing it to make themselves feel better.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You don't deserve to be called a whore. It is NOT your fault that your first husband died or that your second husband cheated on you. I'd be deleting them as friends right quick!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am sorry you have been through so much. No one has the right to call you that.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• First, I am sorry for the loss of your husband. I think that alot of people may judge you for moving on so "quickly" after his passing but people do grief in different ways than others. People may also be judging you because alot of people feel that you should be focusing more on your children and less on dating and trying to get hitched so quickly. But.. these are all other people's opinions and really the only opinions that matter are yours and your children's. So..if your able to devote all the time to your kids that they need and deserve and are still finding time to date and get into serious relationships then I suppose your doing nothing wrong. Some people are just plain nosy...but others may be trying to tell you they are concerned for you but are not saying it in the right way at all.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You know.....I am pretty sure that Facebok attracts nutcases and if anyone ever even used that word around me, they would not be a friend ....I would not hang around with peoole who talk like that. If you think they are friends, they are NOT. Dump them and de-friend them on Facebook.
    MAybe just cancel your Facebook account.
    I might. Many of my friends and family have closed their accounts because of all the scary stuff happening on Facebook. I prefer message boards and just talking to people face to face in REAL LIFE!
    IGNORE THEM!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you were married to both these guys, I don't see how you would be a "whore".
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You don't. Some women just can't handle acting like women. Good luck. Sorry for your pain- you must be a strong woman and can get through this drama easily :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No, your first husband passed away and that wasn't your fault, and don't think otherwise. Husband #2 evidently wasn't really ready for a commitment since he had an affair and got the other woman pregnant. Again, not your fault, only you husband. So you're engaged with #3 and I don't blame you for waiting a while before getting married again. You've been through a lot. Whoever it was calling you a whore has no idea what they are talking about. You've had some hard times and you are thinking about you and your children first, I see nothing wrong with this either. To me, you definitely got a good head on your shoulders and are thinking about things before you jump into things again. I wish you the best.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• OMG That is ridiculous if they called you a whore over that. Three serious relationships in, what? About 7 years? Both of your children are from the same man, who passed away. His passing was not your fault, and no one should expect you to stay single and alone forever. You married someone you loved and trusted, whom you had known for some time, and HE made a big mistake in your relationship and HE chose to leave you. Now, you are with someone new and in a committed relationship, but you're taking it slower. There's nothing wrong with that. You haven't been dealt the greatest hand, but I think you've been doing the best you can from what you told us. That does not make you a whore, it just means that you had some bad luck in the past, but now things seem to be finally looking up for you. You're kids are taken care of, and you're self sufficient. That's great. Those people are idiots and jerks. I wish you the best of luck.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• you are not a whore and whoever called you that isn't a friend and should be blocked on facebook. good luck with this new relationship.
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 12:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2010