Did you have adults trick-or-treating?

Last night we had probably 20 or so trick-or-treaters that were adults and not in costume. I am talking all the way upwards of 40 years old.

I found this REALLY odd and was too afraid to say anything.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We had some that were older but I didn't give them any candy... Normaly I would have but we had to go out and buy candy three times because we ran out. Halloween is about having fun (regardless of age) but I think if you are going to trick or treat you should dress up.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• LOL no i didnt get any of those, but i did pass out some water bottles too because it was really ot here last night (in arizona) so i had water bottles, and this one lady took like 5 of them. i think that was really rude lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think there's a law in virginia, once you get to a certain age you're not allowed to trick or treat. i don't remember the age though...it's sometime in the teenage years.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That is weird o.O I didn't see any adults when we took our son out, but I saw teenagers.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• They were probably homeless people looking for a little something to eat.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I saw kids that I thought were way too old going through the elementary school safe trick or treat. My SO and I kind of looked at each other and I said "when our kids are old enough to drive, they're not trick or treating".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I saw kids, around - 19-20. dressing up like little * hookers* if you will,
    i told them to get off my property
    including their 21-22 yr old bfs that were dressed like pimps,

i didnt have any 40 yr olds though, my goodness
    i would have said somthing though,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• lol...i had a couple teens they at least dressed up though, i say, if you can get free candy once a year, why not? some people might not want to let that trick or treating spirit die!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I trick or treated last nite! So did my best friend. Even if we didnt have kids we would've done it.
    The areas that we go are cool about grown ups TOT. We always dress up. I hate when people dont make an effort to put on a costume. We make it a point to be polite. thank the people passing out the candy, wishing them a goodnite/happy halloween and let all the kids(ours and other people's) go first.

Also, both of us agree that we will trick or treat until we die. We'll be in our 90's and have to ride our Hooverounds but we will still be doing it.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 5:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My ex husband and his wife TOT every year. They also dress up as the same thing: Plug and Socket (which I find to be gross) but anyway, they TOT with a shot glass....if you get my drift. They always get home completely wasted.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008