how much, is too much?

When I got pregnant, I weighed 115lbs, now, at 33 weeks, I weigh a little over 161. Is this too much considering how much time I have left, or am I still ok? I'm also worried about whether or not I will lose the weight after my baby is born?

kaleysmomma2010

Asked by kaleysmomma2010 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It really depends... were you underweight to start with?
    Are you eating so you won't get sick... are you eating healthy food.
    How tall are you...?
    If you and the baby are healthy I wouldn't worrry about it.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 11:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You'll be shocked at how quickly most of the weight drops off. I don't think you have anything to worry about. As long as you're not stuffing your face at every opportunity and are sticking to eating when you're actual hungry (exceptions are made obviously), you'll be fine.

I gained 70 pounds with my son and had lost all but ten pounds in 5 months.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's fine :) We focus WAAAYYYY too much on weight gain in pregnancy. If you are eating healthy foods, exercising regularly, then whatever weight you put on is totally fine. I gained 42 pounds with my daughter and 56 with my son. I am 12 weeks postpartum and have lost all but 12 pounds of my son's baby weight, and it all came off the first time too. And I am not an overly active person, AND I was overweight to begin with.

Breastfeeding helps take the weight off, plus it's got a bagillion health benefits fo ryou and for your baby.

I say you're fine and stop worrying about it. :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• *actually.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• With my first daughter, I am not kidding you, by the end of my pregnancy, I had gained 50 pounds, and she was only a mere 7lb even! I was horrified, but my midwives kept telling me that I was 'right where I needed to be.' The instructor of my childbirth class said she gained 50-70 with each of her boys. I was so frustrated that all the pregnancy books say only to gain 25-35 pounds. By the time my daughter turned a year, I had lost all the weight and then some and was in better shape than I'd been in my life. As long as you are eating healthy and doing some moderate exercise, your body knows just what to do. After your beautiful baby gets here, be patient with yourself, and focus on him/her rather than the weight. As long as you're taking care of yourself, it'll come off!
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• every mommy varies greatly. As long as your OB is not worried, you shouldn't be, either!
    With my first pregnancy I gained 26 pounds.... and my husband gained 50. how sweet of him LOL
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you're gaining too much the dr will certainly tell you. I was underweight with my 1st pregnancy and gained 52 lbs and the dr said it was ok because I needed to gain extra. The second pregnancy I was average weight and gained about 35 lbs and the dr said it was ok. I always gain most of my weight in the first 2 trimesters, I dunno why. Books will tell you that you gain the most in the end but it varies. Don't worry about losing weight. It practically melts off before your eyes as long as you move around some everyday and watch calories.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• sounds okay to me. And I agree with everyone else!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It depends on a lot of different things. I've already gained 10lbs and I'm only 6weeks. It was because my eating habits changed so much and my body had to adjust. You'll shed all those pounds once you have the baby though.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010