does this sound like head lice to u

for several weeks my bf's head has been itching, he has skin problems and he also has dandruff so we thought nothing of it. but he was complaining of pain in an area on his head when i looked at it there were very dark dots not very big almost like little freckles i scratched and it with the tip of my nail it did not move felt almost flat and did not come off to me it almost looked burrowed in his skin. i looked through the rest of his hair there were no dark spots behind his ears or on his neck mainly just the crown area of his head and nothing that appears to look like nits all just dandruff that was easily removed. if it were lice wouldnt they have moved after i touched them and wouldnt my daughter and i have been affected after a few weeks neither of us have any signs of this or any itching

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• It doesn't sound like headlice.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would take him to a dermatologist.
    Youshould google headlice I believe they cling very strongly to the hair strand or hair shaft those are the eggs but the actual headlice is a tiny bug almost like a dust mite but you will be able to see those and while trying to pull them out they are quick to run and hide so you'll have to be just as quick GL I hope your son will get better with this or whatever it is.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It does not sound like head lice.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2010