does this sound like head lice to u

for several weeks my bf's head has been itching, he has skin problems and he also has dandruff so we thought nothing of it. but he was complaining of pain in an area on his head when i looked at it there were very dark dots not very big almost like little freckles i scratched and it with the tip of my nail it did not move felt almost flat and did not come off to me it almost looked burrowed in his skin. i looked through the rest of his hair there were no dark spots behind his ears or on his neck mainly just the crown area of his head and nothing that appears to look like nits all just dandruff that was easily removed. if it were lice wouldnt they have moved after i touched them and wouldnt my daughter and i have been affected after a few weeks neither of us have any signs of this or any itching

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Unfortunatly I know this experience and if he had lice you would definatly know. They are tiny white looking eggs that would appear in every area of his head. Maybe his dandruff has caused him to scratch in that spot so much that he has caused it to bleed and now it's scabbed up. Either that or they are just as you said...freckles.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Doesn't sound like lice...
    Lice themselves are very hard to see, they scurry very fast in the hair. You can tell you have lice by seeing the eggs attached to the hair shaft. They're super duper small, but they won't come off easily. Search for teeny tiny white eggs attached to a hair shaft, if you cannot get it off with your fingernails, it's most likely lice. Look up "tick pictures in skin" or something like that, google will bring up images of what a tick looks like when burrowed in the skin.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Also, people can have moles or skin tags grow on their head. As my DH ages, he is finding a few small moles on his head here & there. I would do some googling, you'd be amazed what you'd find on the internet.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah doesn't sound like lice. Maybe he should switch to a different shampoo?
    ACinTO

Answer by ACinTO at 12:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• doesnt sound like it but he sould try tea tree shampoo its awesome
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I agree with the others, doesn't sound like headlice. You would see them moving, and the little white nits would be visible.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You should have him go to a dermatologist.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010