Do you have one of these?

Someone in my family is a "grinch" every year as Christmas time. He tries to spoil the moods of everyone around him. It's gotten to the point that I actually dread Christmas because of him. He doesn't like putting up a Christmas Tree or anything related to it. He even tries to spoil it for my kids. Do you have someone in your family like this, if so, what do you do?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I have a drama queen in the family. The holidays just arent the same and she looks forward to getting disappointed I think. She wont look at the bright side of the holidays. It gets rough and it stresses my son out to be around all that.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• LOL my husband is kind of the grinch. Makes it worse because we don't really have other family around to celebrate the holidays with, so getting into the spirit of things isn't always easy. Last year he finally agreed, last minute, to put up a tree. (He hates the mess, but dislikes plastic trees. He thinks the kid's just gonna pull it down. Etc.)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I don't, but how awful. Is this family member very close or someone you can kinda avoid during the next couple months? I wouldn't want the negativity around during such happy days!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My SO used to be but he's changing and making it great for our daughter.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Nope, no grinches here.But if we did,let him wollow in his/hers own misery.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010