Ever read others' FB status or Twitter posts and feel envious?

I'm just feeling a bit down again. Checking in on FB & Twitter, seeing friends' posts about being out at a concert or on a date with their SO, and I just think to myself, "And here I am, sick with a cold and frustrated that it's yet another night trying to get the kid to go to bed (after a long day of being sick and him not taking a nap)."

Or even other people posting about how awesome their SO or children are, and how AWESOME their lives are.

Ugh. Just venting.

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 11:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah... It was hard in the past when friends and friends of friends were pregnant and showing off their baby bumps and making posts and I had had two miscarriages. I have a friend now who is infertile and trying to get pregnant and I feel sorry for her and when I brag about my babies I feel really badly for her. I don't really ever wish I was out instead of with my kids though. If I want to go out, I grab them up and take them with me. (unless their sick of course) :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No, I'm either amused or annoyed. I'm the one who is envied:) he he!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes and no cuz sometimes they mention that they're doing fun things when im bored in the house. But when I'm doing thongs and am out and about I don't test it or Facebook it cuz I'm busy having fun. Some people make me question them like if its so fun y r u on ur phone and not enjoying ur self.*side eye* it's suspect lol
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 12:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No I am happy and content with my life regardless of others status'...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I felt lots of that during Comic Con in San Diego this summer.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Not really. My life is exciting enough for me, and I'm always happy when someone has a positive post on their FB. So much better than reading the debbie downer ones (you know, the FB friend who can't seem to muster up a single positive post about anything).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I guess that's the underlying question, whether or not you're happy with your own life as it is at the moment. For me, I guess the answer is no.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010