Do you like dystopian novels/movies, etc.? What's your favorite?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes..Animal Farm/1984, Farenheit 451, in honor of Guy Fawke's Day/Night I watched V for Vendetta and switched my avatar to a V mask. I switched it back when everything rolled over. Remember, remember the 5th of November... Also, The Lord of the Flies, Brave New World. Out of those, Brave New World and 1984 are my favorites but V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies.

I told you I read anything and everything!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It's still November 5th in WIsconsin!! You have 40 minutes. I was just going to go to bed. Every year I watch it and change my avatars to the V mask. Few understand..Brave new world is great!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• One of my favorite books to teach was Fahrenheit 451. I need to see V for Vendetta. Never seen it!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, V for Vendetta, Handmaid's Tale, and my new favorite The Hunger Games trilogy. they are listed as young adult novels but I greatly enjoyed them and recommend them without reservation!
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• OMG I totally forgot about Guy Fawke's Day lol. I used to watch V on November 5th every year after it came out, but I totally forgot :( Darn. Hey, wait, it's still November 5th somewhere, right?! I'm going to watch it lol. I just read 1984 and I read Fahrenheit 451 over the summer. Brave New World is on my list, as is Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies (it's sitting on my bookshelf right now).
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010