How often...

do you get the "pregnancy scare"? Do you freak out every time your period is late? Or are you simply confident that you're birth control methods are working? Also... even if you weren't wanting to get pregnant, and you're incredibly relieved when you get your period or a negative test... are you ever just tad bit disappointed?

I know I am lol

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 12:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've always felt like I must be the only one with this problem lol... ever since my husband and I started having sex, I was paranoid.. a day or two late on any cycle warranted a pregnancy test. I don't even want to know how much money I've wasted on those things! About a week and a half ago, I took one like three days BEFORE I missed my period, expecting it to be negative because I always seem to 'feel pregnant' when it's really just period symptoms... I still don't think I've completely accepted the fact that it was positive! Ready for that first ultrasound to really believe it, though now I'm more than a week late & nauseous & am on week two solid of a headache and there's really no use in denying it.. and yes, even when it was the 'wrong' time, I was always a little disappointed when it was negative.
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I know exactly what you are talking about. I am late every other month so I get those scares very often. I am engaged and while both me and my fiance' want a baby ( I aready have a 3 year old) we would rather wait untill we are married. See sometimes I forget to take my pill, speaking of which, I need to go take it lol
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I freak out sometimes because i really don't want to be pregnant. I remember when we first started talking about having kids, i was super dissapointed when i was late and my period arrived.

Now i'm relieved when it does come!! lol, i have an 11 month old and a 3 yr old. Not even thinking about a potential next kid!
    ACinTO

Answer by ACinTO at 12:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm always a little disappointed, even though it's SO not the right time. But even with my IUD, I still find myself testing every few months because of something. My periods have always been extremely irregular, so I can't rely on that. It's more about having weird symptoms that may or may not be pregnancy related. When I get them, I go pee on a stick the next morning (instead of asking the CM Pregnancy Predictor, as I like to call it- posting a question here asking if people think I'm pregnant).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yeah, i dont take birth control because i dont want to get fat and all that fcked up shit that comes along with it, and we dont use condoms because they kinda ruin sex, so we just do the pull out method and its been working for more then a year now, but every time around my period (since pregnancy & period have alot of the same symptoms), i always get a little nervous. i definatly do not want another baby right now. i cannot have another baby right now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010