How do I get out a seriously deep splinter?

I got a splinter that went very deep in the center of my big toe. It's very deep and I am unable to "dig it out" with a needle or tweezers. It went straight in, not at an angle. Its been just over 24 hours now since I got it, and it hurts to walk now. Any tried and true ways ideas to get this thing out would be great right about now.

MamaCarterof5

Asked by MamaCarterof5 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• That happened to me on my finger once! Make sure to take benedryl to prevent any reaction from it and look for a salve. Its thick like vasaline but it helps pull it out. It took a good week for my body to push my splinter out from under my nail, the salve helped with everything too. Watch for infection and go to the doctor if it swells, stays red or pusses.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Soak it in Epsom salts.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• If it has redness around it, then its most likely getting infected. Try putting Neosporan and a bandage on it. It will draw it out within 2-3 days. If this doesn't do it, go to the dr and they can use a tiny microscope to see and get it out.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Keep digging.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010