Why are so many more younger people trying to get on Social Security?

Why are so many more younger people trying to get on public aid? I guess I ask, because when I was younger, I didn't even know what that stuff even was. Is it because more and more families have been raised in the system? Maybe it's because my family never used any of that stuff? It's all so strange to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yes its definatly because there familys were on it, and then they pass it on too friends. also, WIC is known the most out of them all because when you have a baby, its easy for anyone to get WIC, and when your at the WIC office, they will offer information about food stamps which is usually the same building for public assistance so you get it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Social Secirity is for retired people over the age of 62. You are probably really meaning MEdicaid or Disability.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Because they want to live life and just collect a check but not have to work for it. Oh I have 'insert the new fad mental diagnosis here', I can't work, I can't function, blah blah pay me so I can sit on my ass. People with friggin bi-polar are getting SSI checks. Then there's people like my brother who are seriously almost crippled who are fighting and fighting to get SSI when they actually deserve it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Here WIC and public assistance isn't in the same place. I did a paper in my english course at college on this issue. It used to be because once a family gets on its hard to break the habit.I personally can a test to that. When things get hard I'm ready to apply for food stamps to feed my daughter.

But now days lots of families are ready to take the help.Back in the old days they were more willing to suffer if they couldn't afford it. There are plenty of movies showing things they did back then to cope.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2010