would u care?

At first it was more of a im sick of seeing you with a beer in ur hand everynight when I can't have anything at all bc im preggo. Even if its not getting drunk.its still drinking... would you care if ur hubby had a beer or alcoholic beverage everyday? Now its turned into seriously why can't you go one single day without one?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i would definatly get annoyed because i was pregnant and cant drink. i think that men need to be more sympathetic of us when we are pregnant, they do not need to be constantly eating drinking smoking and eating tuna and deli meat in front of us! its not right! they should have to suffer just like we do!!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes, I would, but not because I was feeling left out - but because I would be worried about his substance use. I think having a beer with dinner a few nights a week is completely normal... but if it increased from that, I would be worried. Alcoholism runs strong on my husband's side of the family, and there is a significant genetic component to alcoholism; so if my DH started having a beer every single night, I'd be worried that he's falling into the bottle and worried that he's using it as a coping mechanism for stress in his life.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm pregnant to and I don't care if my hubby has A beer when he comes home from work. He busts his ass for this family and the man deserves a damn beer. Does it bother me I can't have wine? Sure, but I'm pregnant and that's the name of the game. Just because I can't do something doesn't mean he can't.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• ...I guess it depends, sometimes after a long day its there way of winding down, but EVERY single day. I would hate this. What about "family time" or "family days"? I would be annoyed, plus youre prego so you cant join in on the fun! ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• no i wouldnt, my dh drinks 1 or 2 beers every night it helps him go to bed or else he dosnt sleep all night -- as long as he dosnt get drunk im ok with him drinking 1 or 2 a day--
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would care because I know we have had to deal with this issue before.He promises to never drink again.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Your question begs for more questions. Is it just "one" beer every night? Or a "six-pack" a night? You need to take a long look and ask is your partner an alcoholic? Or just winding down at the end of the day with a drink? Is he a provider? Is he caring? Are your needs being met? My husband was not only an alcoholic but had a substance abuse problem. He's been clean now for over 5 years. But it was a very rough go of it. He would stay out drinking all night and some nights not come home. When he did come home he'd sleep all day and go do it again. All his money went to support his habits and not his children. All my nagging, begging, bitching didn't matter. He didn't think he had a problem, I was the problem. He was on a path of self destruction and had to hit rock bottom before things changed. So again, take a good serious look at your situation does your partner have a problem or do you miss having a drink?
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 12:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I remember it sucked when I was pregnant and couldn't drink but my then boyfriend did. Personally it would bother me if he drank every day.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 1:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No it wouldnt bother me if he had a beer every night.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010