I think I'm getting sick :( what can I take?

I have a runny nose, a sore throat and a headache that won't go away :( I'm prego and don't know what I can take!

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 12:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• Robitussin is only for a cough, which she doesn't have, preciouschild.
    I agree about the Tylenol and Sudafed. You can actually take them before 14 weeks. I got a nasty cold at about 12 weeks (got married that week, too!), and I took Sudafed and Tylenol during the day, and Robitussin at night, because my cough would keep me awake.
    Check to see what herbs are safe during pregnancy. You can try tea with honey, which can help keep you hydrated and help soothe your throat.
    Avoid saline rinses, because they aren't good for the fragile tissues in your nose. The Sudafed will help dry you out, and good tissue (I use Kleenex with aloe and/or lotion) will help keep your nose from getting super raw. Hang in there, mama!! I know it sucks, but this will go away with time! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If you're more than 14 weeks you can take regular strength, plain sudafed. And Tylenol. And that's it :(

Sorry, mamma! I've been sick and pregnnat a lot lol. You find natural ways to deal. Like mint tea, hot showers, and sleeping with your head propped up.

Feel better soon!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I don't know about the prego part, but check out Zycam......it's over the counter and I think it's natural, so maybe ok. I think it has Zinc and I have no idea how that may play into the pregnancy thing. Didn't have cool meds like Zycam when I was pregnant! Hope you feel better! Try good old fashioned chicken noodle soup!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I swear by Zicam, but it is a class C drug and not considered safe for pregnancy :( Though, technically, so is Tylenol I think lol. I did take Zicam during my first pregnancy and it didn't affect me or my baby, so talk to yoru health care provider about it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My bf who is preggo to takes robustin.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I know it SUCKS to be sick and expecially while pregnant, Im a horrible speller but i'll try... benadryl, Robitussin DM, Tylenol, any kind of saline nasal drops, or Sudafed

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You can try Ginger Tea. If you have any Ginger, just put like a 1/2 tsp in a cup of hot water and drink that. It will burn just a little, but it really does work!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2010