Glitter on your comforter after returning from a trip: what would you think?

Out of curiosity: what would you think if you came home from a trip away from home, where your SO was home that whole time, and you found some glitter on your bed?

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 12:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't have anything with glitter on it, but my daughter does. Some of her shirts shed glitter (it sucks). So that would probably be my first thought, but if she didn' thave glittery clothes I would think he had tumbled some bar-rat while I was gone and I would demand an explanation.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Actually I just found glitter on my comforter too! I think mine was because of the Christmas decorations though. Did you ask him??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yeah, other than some shimmery eye makeup, I don't own anything that would shed glitter. My husband swore he had no idea where it came from.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• has your husband given you any other reason to suspect that he may be cheating? If you don't have kids my first thought would be a glitter shirt from some HO too, although when I first read this I was thinking Christmas Decoration too haha.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• We have a toddler son. But he was with me for the whole trip, leaving my husband with the house to himself for 2 weeks. Has he ever given me any reason to doubt him? Not really. He's a workaholic, so that's where he always is. But during my trip, he had a BIG company event (where they had the after party at a hotel). I guess my paranoia comes from the fact that ... well, WE met at work.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Unless he was being an awesome hubby (a little early) and putting up.Christmas decorations.. and no kids with glitter stuff he would be able to swear he don't know where I went.. no way would it just show up
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Highly suspect.....
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 1:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• His excuse was that he was eating in bed, spilled some stuff, and tried to wipe it off - and that the rag he used must have had glitter on it.

Still, why would any of my rags have glitter?
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my suggestion is to go with your gut, if your woman powers are telling you something is up-then something is probably up, for some reason women have pretty good intuition about that sort of thing not to say that we are never wrong but sometime you just KNOW. If you sit back and listen to your gut and it is telling you that you are just being paranoid then you probably are.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Well, I have a lot of glitter at my house, but I'd still wonder why there was glitter on my comforter! I have a lot of glittery make up, glitter for scrap books, Christmas decor. However, why on earth any of that would be on the bed is beyond me. I'm paranoid, so I know this sounds gross, but I'd smell it the comforter.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2010