does this sound like head lice to u please help

for several weeks my bf's head has been itching, he has skin problems and he also has dandruff so we thought nothing of it. but he was complaining of pain in an area on his head when i looked at it there were very dark dots not very big almost like little freckles i scratched and it with the tip of my nail it did not move felt almost flat and did not come off to me it almost looked burrowed in his skin. i looked through the rest of his hair there were no dark spots behind his ears or on his neck mainly just the crown area of his head and nothing that appears to look like nits all just dandruff that was easily removed. if it were lice wouldnt they have moved after i touched them and wouldnt my daughter and i have been affected after a few weeks neither of us have any signs of this or any itching

close question
edit question
delete question

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know what it is, but he needs to see someone soon. Lice don't burrow. They look more like grains of sand, not freckles, and yes you and your daughter would likely have it if you have longer hair and hang your coats up in the same area.
    happycboys

Answer by happycboys at 12:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It's hard to say. Could you Google the pictures to see if they are similar to what he has??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I agree with previous poster. Lice don't burrow and the nits don't fall off.When my daughter had lice I had to pull each nit off. You know one thing that does burrow are ticks. http://www.schohariecounty-ny.gov/CountyWebSite/Health/deer_tick_identification.jpg Does it look like this? Nikki had one at the back of her head after coming in from outside.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• sound like tick which maybe have lime disses
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Could be some kind of dermatitis. I would have the dr look at it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Does not sound like lice.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm pretty sure lice don't borrow. I would have him see a doctor just in case it is a parasite of some kind.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010