Speaking of farting and pooping ...

If they aren't a big deal around your SO, what about your kids? Our son is almost 3 now, and I keep wondering if maybe we shouldn't do it so freely around the house in case that might teach him that it's OK to do it whenever or wherever??

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 12:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• My boys think farting is cool. We don't think it is a big deal, they are just farts.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• How old are your boys? My son thinks it's funny, which is why I'm worried he'd end up farting for laughs in school one day ;)
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I try to make sure I am alone to fart or poop
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It inevitably happens sometimes, but we just say "Excuse me" and move on without making it a big deal. It's only a big deal if you make it one.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My boys are 11, 4 and 2. The oldest one knows not to do it in public and not to make a big deal about it if someone does it by accident. We taught him that sure they are funny, but there is an appropriate time and place to laugh and make jokes about it. He has very nice manners.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Better the shame than the pain! Gas is a gas!
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 1:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• LOL My BF is 52 and still thinks it is funny to "leave a plume" in public!!! Some oys just never grow up!!
    double.shot

Answer by double.shot at 1:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010