Anyone know anything about old PC games??

I am trying to play a 1988 computer game called Gold Rush! by Sierra. I can not figure this out for the life of me. I made everything compatible and it is taking me through the command prompts. It had me insert disk 1, disk 2, and now it is asking me to "insert the diskette that contains the batch file" and I only have two disks that were sent to me. Anyone know what it is talking about??

hostlerak

Asked by hostlerak at 1:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• my hubby says look for a DoS or MS DoS emulator because the game will try to play directly off your processor and in doing so it wont install right or wont be compatible instantly, although DoS is still present in your windows OS its too much hassle to find it and make a separate partition to run it so a emulator will save u time and make for easy patches and quick fixes. "look for the MS one preferably though
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ha! I think I remember that game, LOL. Sorry, no idea here.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010