Any suggestions on a heavy duty laundry cleaner?

I need any suggestions for a heavy duty laundry cleaner that will take out grease and oil. Dh does commercial refrigeration for a living and my son mows grass, they both come home with greasy, oily clothes and my laundry detergent is not working. Does anybody know of a heavy duty cleaner that will take this out? I've tried pre-treating and it doesn't help much.

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Greased Lightning is great at getting out grease and grass stains. You can use it as a pre treat for spots AND you can add a half cup to any detergent your using in the machine and it works better than oxy boost.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You've probably tried it, but I use Clorox 2 in the wash, it's taken out some of the nastiest baby shit stains....
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• my so works in a wire mill and comes home a mess at times lol I use lysol with my laundry or pine sol what ever i have in the house and it works with tide great
    Anonymous

• When my husband has gotten extra oily working his car, I've washed the greasy, oily clothes with Simple Green first. Then rewashed them with regular soap. It's worked every time.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I know what you mean about the grease. my husband is always doing mechanic work and getting grease all over his clothes. I use this product called sol-u-mel which is exclusive with melaleuca. One oz cap full in the wash with the mela-power laundry detergent and it comes right out for me. I also use the pre-spot on it before I throw it in. Its even removed rust from his clothes when he was working on those old galvanized plumbing pipes.
    amkatmomof2

Answer by amkatmomof2 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008