9 month old nap schedule?

My 9 month old was taking 2 naps a day. One at 11am till 1pm and another nap at 5pm to 6:30pm then he would go to sleep at 9pm. Lately I have noticed that he will not go to bed at 9pm if he takes his second nap.

Is 9 months too soon to only have one nap a day?

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 1:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wake him up a little earlier from his nap or move the second nap up like an hour
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Actually, 9 months is about the age they start consolidating to one nap a day. My dd is down to taking her long nap in the morning and will only sleep for 15-20 minutes for the afternoon nap. As long as your baby isn't a total cranky pants, one nap a day should be fine at this point.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my dd started doing this so i was so sad! she is 9 months as well! she is down to 1 nap a day! :-(
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i think the second nap is late thats dinner time. just give 45 mins and when u do wake the baby play . go in the walker , take a bath, something to keep them busy and let them know its time to lay down and give them a doll or teddy so they know its bed time go luck!!!!
    prettyshy1

Answer by prettyshy1 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I dont think so..My kids all were like that. The older they get the less sleep they need...Unless your baby is cryin and fussy let him run! The less sleep he has during the day the more sleep you will have at night:)
    mommyoffive1983

Answer by mommyoffive1983 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010