did you??

I had to eliminate dairy from my diet to help my babys reflux and gas..I love my CHEESE :(
Bump if youve had to eliminate something you love from your diet to nurse

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 1:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dh made me stop eating pretzels while nursing because he said when he changed baby's wet diapers it smelled like "Pee pretzels" lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i had to eliminate gluten for my baby (that means all bread, gravy, deserts, pasta, most cereal, etc.) turned out that didn't help the problem and we ended up having to go to a formula. i can say that i undertstand.
    TZimm

Answer by TZimm at 1:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I eliminated gluten for a while, too. That SUCKS. There are so many things that contain gluten it is unreeal, and most of the time it is hidden under the term "natural flavor"...ugh talk about frustrating! Thankfully, that wasn't the problem and we haven't had to stay a gluten free household. I am on a permanent caffeine embargo, though. DD spits up horribly every time I have more than the tiniest bit. It really sucks on the days like today when she decides we need to be up at 430 am.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Let's see... tomatoes, chocolate, soy products, dairy products, lettuce... especially nuts.... you get the picture! It didn't seem to help very much, but I just kept nursing and eventually he stopped being so gassy, and now he is almost 5 months old and is doing great! I can eat almost anything again! That happened when he turned 4 months....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I had a friend that eliminated EVERYTHING from their diet... soy.. dairy.. mean... EVERYTHING... I wish I had that kind of will power :o(
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 6:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i had to give up chocolate!!! i was so sad!!!! but now at 8 months i can have it again and she doesnt spit up im so excited!!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• nice to know theres hope in the future lol :) thanks!!
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010