what to do about noisy neighbors...

oh geez these new neighbors are horrible! Two college guys who start the party going at 9pm and keep it going all night long. Tonight they have tons of people over and no music just loud and laughing and drinking. What to do. Should I just go over there and tell them in a nice way to knock it off. I have to get up at 6am for work. The weekdays are even worse cause I have kids. My bedroom window faces right into their patio....how would you handle this at this time of night, no hubby in the pic either,,,

beyondhopes

Asked by beyondhopes at 1:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Call the Cops. People usually bust when there are cops involved. Don't go over; it can make matters worse. Honestly, I don't think they really care what anyone thinks or else they wouldn't be so loud you know.
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm glad they finally quieted down. I live in a neighborhood full of apartments so I am quite familiar with scenario unfortunately.
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would call the police. They will not tell your neighbors who called them and if it happens enough, the party will be moved elsewhere.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 11:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would go over there and ask nicely to quite down and if they don't call the cops and if it conts, call the landlord and then go from there.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would probably go to the landlord (anon) and say that you would like help in keeping your neighborhood a neighborhood and not party central how can they help these new tenants with this skill? Reiterate that you do not want them gone just to be better neighbors. This may be the first time these college students have lived in a neighborhood and not in the dorms not even recognizing that not all people stay up all night for a 8am class then go to bed afterwards LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• BTW:: I too have partier neighbors, these are druggies in their 50's, they definitely know better however, 3 am, you can find several people milling around our neighborhood on bikes and in cars doing crank in front of other neighbors houses.We live in a small housing tract - no apartments. We have gone to the police, they have tried but to little avail so now the neighborhood is focusing on their landlords (his family) to make them stop drugs, clean up their house and mainly to get them gone - Good Luck, I truly know how frustrating this can be!!

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• honestly if you go over there I really doubt it will do much good, I would invest in a loud fan or noise maker-they are college guys and they are going to party and if you say something to them there is a good chance that their "friends" are going to agg you on.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yeah I was thinking that too, specially if they have all been drinking. If they would just move the party to the front of the house, cause they are in the kitchen and outside on the patio. Maybe I'll wait for another time to ask them if they wouldnt mind closing the sliding door after a certain time in the evening. I think thats fair. They can have their party, but at least move it inside at some point....geez I wish it snowed here..lol
    beyondhopes

Comment by beyondhopes (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Wow, I think a neighbor just beat me to it,,,all of the sudden its super quiet over there and they closed the patio door. Thanks ladies, I can always count on my cm friends :)
    beyondhopes

Comment by beyondhopes (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2010