Military Wives

A friend of mine has written a book and is trying to get it published and i am curious if any of you ladies find the concept interesting. It is called Waterproof Mascara: My first year as an army wife.
It has letters written from and to her dh and advice for women on how to deal with their man being gone. Would any of you read a book like that or is that a fairly basic thing where there are already a ton of books like that out there? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• While it is common enough, military anything is popular right now. There would need to be a unique twist on it, a climax. Granted it is only covering the first year, is it meant to be a self-help book with funny stories sprinkled here and there or novel form with advice?
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 2:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would read something like that. Kinda like Chicken Soup books.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would read it, especially given the catchy title. I have dealt with my hubby being gone on deployment, while pregnant no less, and while nothing can prepare you fully for that it is nice to know that other women have gone through it and survived.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I may read it, it would really depend on the tone, I prefer lighter reading.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would read it
    asweet_gurl04

Answer by asweet_gurl04 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010