Ultrasound Help!!

Well me and my boyfriend had sex on the 24th and the 31st of march of this year...why is it everytime i get an ultrasound everything falls on march 30th?Could the sperm from the 24th have gotten me pregnant on the 30th?I was on birth control and that weeknd before the 31st I had no more pills left..then we had sex on the 31st.The doctor says I conceived around april 13th or 14th...wus up with all this?By the way this is my 1st baby!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• US dates are just guesses sweetie :) don't worry about it. the exact date of conception isn't important anyways as long as you are in an exclusive relationship

no one can tell you when you conceived :) unless they were there. I'd just go with the 31st date as conception
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you need to ASK YOUR DOCTOR.
    Anonymous

• anon 3:45 your answer is uncalled for. She obviously asked the doc but he's telling her a date she didn't even have sex on, hence her confusion and why she is asking for other moms' opinions.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• well i was supposed to start my period the week after the weekend of the 14 of october of last year, and hubby and i had sex that weekend, and i was so busy i didn't realize that i had missed my period that week, until november when i missed it that month too. so around the end of november i took a test and i was pregnant. I had assumed that i had gotten pregnant a while before the 14th of october, because i had missed my period that week. so we assumed i was about 12 weeks pregnant, but when they did the ultra sound i was only 6 weeks. thus, i got pregnant the weekend of the 14th, and my body just decided to skip my period that week. so yes, you can get pregnant and then miss your next period, even though you concieved 2 days before your next period is to come. i hope this makes sense and answers your question.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• the dr. tried to tell me my first child was conceived while my husband was out of town! He was an over the road truck driver and was only home 1 weekend a month so believe me I knew when she was conceived. they don't know everything!

myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 3:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I'm confused. If the doctor says you conceived around April 14th, why are you wondering about the sperm from the end of March? Is it only because of the ultrasound? Is so, keep these things in mind:
    (1) The ultrasound uses sound waves to get a fuzzy image of the baby. These sound waves pass through your stomach muscles and uterus, bounce off the baby, pass back through the uterus and your stomach muscles to the machine. While the reading is quite good, it is NOT 100% accurate. Compare the fuzzy images you see to a nice snapshot of yourself. Which image is clear and accurate? Hint: it's not the ultrasound image.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• (2) Based on the fuzzy images, the doctor will do his best to measure different areas of the baby to try to figure out just how large the baby is.
    (3) Once he has these measurements, the doctor will compare them to the AVERAGE baby to figure out ROUGHLY how old the baby is. Are you the average height for an adult woman? Many people aren't. An average is just that - an average and it doesn't hold true for everyone.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• (4) Once the doctor knows about how old the baby is, he can count backwards to tell you ROUGHLY when the baby was conceived and he can count forward to tell you ROUGHLY when the baby is due. Knowing when your last period was helps. Most doctors don't care about when you had sex since sperm can live for several days.
    (5) Your due date is a "best guess". If the baby comes 3 weeks before that date or 2 weeks after it, the baby is still "on time"... not early and not late... on time. If the baby comes more than 3 weeks before your due date, he is premature and he will be late is he comes more than 2 weeks after your due date.

Does that help?
    kaycee14

• also would like to point out that with my son, they told me what my conception date was but I KNEW they were wrong because I only had sex 1 day out of 2 months. I know the day I got pregnant. :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Nope its not, hon, its not always accurate
    i would indeed tell him
    did you though
    tell the doctor,
    You must be mistaken i have not had sex on them dates, *

Dont worrie once the little one is further along, im sure they can figure this out seriously

when was your last period?
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2008