I stopped smoking for 5 years now. And I've gained some unwanted pounds.

Please can anyone give me some pointers on how to lose weight sensibly, and keep it off? Ive tried dieting, weight watchers (which seems to be the only thing that worked ,but it can get expensive. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

free1

Asked by free1 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Try mypyramid.org. It's a nice way to keep track of calories and learn the nutritional value of any food that you eat (or are wanting to eat.)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Keep count of calories, drink water like its going out of business, take a vitamin daily and avoid fried foods, adding salt and sugar and eat low carb. When you do eat carbs make it good carbs like oatmeal, not mashed potatoes and mac 'n' cheese!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Thanks for sharing all of your suggestions. I need all the help I can get. I will keep you posted on my progress.
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 3:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Check out my journal post. Lots of useful information to get you started and too long for the Answer section:) Let me know if you have any more questions.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Change some simple eating habits. Try some yogurt in your diet along with whole grains, fresh fruits and more fiber. Green tea is also suppose to help with your metabolism and digestion of food.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Change your eating habits
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thanks..
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011