Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the word for a wool 'blanket', but not a blanket? Its small 19" x 20".

I am trying to list a piece on ebay. It is made of wool yarn, and it is roughly 19" x 20". Its too small to be a blanket.. What would you call something like that?


Asked by stenhouse_baby at 3:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 15 (2,255 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I have always called those tapestries. My dad had a lot of them hung on our walls as kids.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • a tapestry is what they are called and they are to be hung but you could do whatever you wanted to do with them.

    Answer by magical_mommy at 4:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Good question. Maybe a wool cloth, a wool covering.

    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Ooh, I like wool cloth. It looks like its native american or tribal. Like it belongs in a frame or something.

    Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 3:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • A Thorw (spelling?)

    Answer by SierraLynn at 10:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • A decorative throw or tapestry.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 2:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Is it an afghan?

    Answer by ss_mom at 8:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Lap blanket.

    Answer by SweetLuci at 12:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010