How do i get my 3 yr old to go to bed?

My daughter is 3 and she still wants me to lay with her untill she falls asleep and if i dont she will cry and scream untill she throws up then i have to change her sheets and put her in my bed and sleep with her so she wins. What do I do? And how can i make my husband help?

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 3:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make her tired.. Make sure she is in the sun during the day, sunlight effects your eyes and gets you on a more natural sleep schedule. Play,play,play! Then at bathime, let her play with some bath toys for a while. Read or sing to her in her bed, and maybe get her something to cuddle with so she doesn't feel alone, it sounds like being alone is the problem. Glowworms are nice GL =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• this works when my kids where younger i made magic wheel and put on the wall in their room,every night they would talk about the places that they went and wanted to go ,so they would close their eyes dreaming of place they wanted to go
    now this only works if your daughter eyes are closed ,i would spin the wheel and my kids fall asleep,in the morning they had story to tell,and to get hubby to help most men don;t see there is any thing wrong ,if does not work tell her that tonight daddy will lay with you mommy is not feeling well ,dad will no first hand how things are going on and yes it can pain in the ass,but she has get over it soon ,or you will be sleeping with her till she gets marred lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I like the magic wheel by the pp :)
    You can try a timer, too. Let her know the timer is set for 30 minutes and she needs to keep her eyes closed and you will be in to read her a story, but only if her eyes are closed. After 30 minutes - if she isn't asleep, read the story and set the timer again. Maybe 30 minutes is too long to begin but you can try five minutes at first and work it up to longer.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 4:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My DD likes us in there too. She has a CD on each night, and the deal is, I'll stay for three songs. When the 3rd song ends, she knows mom or dad will be leaving the room. It helps A LOT.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I keep an MP3 player in room to play music she likes. We read a story before bed time, give loves, hugs, and kisses, and I tell her good-night and I love you. She'll cry, but she gets over it. She's sleeping within an hour most nights.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2010