is this okay?

My husband and I had got in a fight, some stuff happened and he said that he was going to bust open my head. what should I do with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I know that in the heat of anger my hubs and I often say things we don't mean, however threats of violence should never be taken lightly. I would advise that you call a friend, sister, family, really anybody you trust and ask that you and your kid/s stay over for the night to give some space to the situation.
    If this isn't a viable option for you then perhaps even just a small break where you all leave or allow him to go leave or something for a few hours to cool off and then come back and talk might be good.
    Lastly I hope this all works out and doesn't end any worse than the situation appears to already be in and I hope this helps.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• ofcourse that is not ok -- maybe he wants you to be scare of him by threatened you -- sometimes when we get mad we say stupid things like that-- try to find out if he really meant it or he was talking in anger...
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 5:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Threats like that should never be ignored. If he is doing it to make sure you are scared of him then he seriously has lack of respect. This could escalate into domestic abuse as it already seems to be showing signs of it. I appreciate that in the heat of an argument people tend to say things they don't mean, but for him to say he is going to bust open your head is a deadly serious matter. I would advise that you alert the police that you have been threatened, that way if anything does happen (I really hope that it doesn't for the sake of you and your children) the police will be aware that a complaint had already been made about your husband and they should act accordingly. Good luck to you and I hope things go ok for all of you. Stay safe no matter what. {{{{HUGS}}}}
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 6:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• In answer to your question - NO - this is NOT okay. It's verbal abuse, it's a threat, and it is actually a crime. The dude has some serious rage boiling beneath the surface. You never say things like that to the woman you promised to love and cherish, even in anger. No one can tell you what exactly to DO - but if it were me I would be planning my exit strategy - and writing this down, with date and details, if not reporting it. It's an unholy can of worms, but you need to stay safe. It's hard to rest your head on the shoulder of a man who has threatened to bust it open. Best of luck, hon....
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• LEAVE! IF HE CAN SAY IT HE CAN DO IT! I KNOW THIS!
    mommyoffive1983

Answer by mommyoffive1983 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010