is this normal to have sharp cramping pain in vaginal area at 37 weeks?

i am 37 weeks and 1-2 cm dialated. have not had a bloody show or lost my mucus plug. last night i was having intense cramping pain almost like someone shoved a knife up there. it started when i was laying down and was like 5 minutes apart and then 1 minute apart for like an hour. then it stopped. and today i have been having this pain on and off all day. does anyone know what is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It might be the start of labor... if they become 5 mins apart and are consistant again, I'd go to the hospital to see how far dialated you are... and maybe have your baby!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, Im 30 weeks and i have pains like that also,
    The doctor told me its,

Normal
    Sometimes its so bad, i cannot even get on the bed when nighttime falls,

But we know our bodies, and if your already 1-2 cm,
    i would call the doc,

and i would indeed walk walk walk ...I know it dont sound tempting.
    But i heard it does somtimes work hon,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I got them with my last pregnancy and again with this pregnancy...its miserable and painful and there isn't much you can do to stop it, but the good news is its normal and maybe you will be having a baby soon!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• baby is doing the cervix dance. she's bouncing on your cervix with her head. I was convinced my dd was tapping out morse code....send...more...swiss...rolls lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• thanks guys!
    Anonymous

• im gonna go with the start of labor. BTW I didnt see my mucous plug or show at ALL until they broke my water and I was even dilated to 7cm at that point. Watch the contractions especially if you want an epidural. They dont tell you you have to get 2 bags of iv fluids before they put in the epidural. If you wait till your screaming in pain waiting for those 2 bags to drip in will SUCK! I was 5 min apart when I left for the hospital and 3 min apart by the time I got there. I was so miserable. Good luck momma you'll do great! Congrats
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2008