my boyfriend smoke alot if you know what i mean i really think i can not get pregnant again because i think somethings wrong with he's sperm. adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you referring to pot?? When I first met my husband 8 years ago he was a major pot head. We were so young and dumb and we had unprotected sex for like 3 years straight! Not once did I ever get pregnant or even fear that I was. Finally he quit the childish crap and was clean for about a year when guess what?? Positive HPT! Now I really can't say for sure that pot had anything to do with it but we seem to think so. The healthier you both are when your trying to conceive the better. Hope this helps. Oh an by the way.. if you weren't talking about pot then i'm going to feel kind of dumb lol ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• if you mean weed you really have nothing to worry about the weed honestly just kills the weaker sperm which mean his sperm count is low and the stronger ones survive but remember men have millions of those little guys
    my man smokes too and i thought the same thing till i got pregnant just keep trying dont give it to much thought it will happen
    trust me if it was the weed million of babies would not be born so many pot heads out there haven babies you will be fine

good luck
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If your husband is a major pothead, maybe it's not the right time to get pregnant. Maybe you should address his issue with pot. Occasional use of pot is one thing, every day use is a problem.

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Thank you to the moms that help me with my questions god bless you all.
    mela32

Answer by mela32 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• The chances of pot affecting your husbands sperm is quite low. Marijuana it's self is not known to lower sperm count, but smoking the seeds can. My own OB would rather see marijuana use over alcohol use and does not believe it lowers sperm count to infertility. Every ejaculation contains about 2-3 million sperm, that is a lot of sperm to go around. Are you positive you are hitting the right days?
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• why woudl you even wanna get pregnant by someone who does drugs? In what environment is this child gonna grow up?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My husband and i use it only in the evening and we take 1-2 hits and thats it. I dont consider us major pot heads at all. I use it due to having IBS and it helps to calm my stomach to where i can eat a decent size meal with out having as many problems afterwards. He has pretty much been a light smoker for the last 15 years and has 2 children of his own so it doesnt seem like its a problem for him. We are also in our first month of TTC. I bought an ovulation kit yesterday so i can maybe speed up the process. Maybe you can try the same thing just to give you an idea when that perfect time of the month will be. Good luck to you!
    lybra975

Answer by lybra975 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2010