Anyone ever taken a SAFE sleep aid while pregnant?

I am having the hardest time sleeping and it is really taking a toll on me! I am a stay at home mother of 2 and I NEED my sleep. But here lately I cant seem to fall asleep any earlier than 1am or sleep any later than 5:30am. By noon everyday I am exhausted! I've tried going to bed as early as 9:30 but I just lay there and toss and turn and then end up turning on the TV out of boredom and the fact that i'm wide awake! Usually when I wake up in the mornings the same thing happens with the tossing and turning and I go downstairs to the couch so I don't wake my hubby..but sleep still doesnt come. It's driving me nuts. I know from experience that I should be valuing my sleep right now because I definitely wont get much of it once the BABIES are here! My appt is on Monday and this is one thing I plan on discussing with my OB, but was wondering if anyone has ever been prescribed anything that helps and is safe.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My dr gave me the ok to take benadryl. I used to take 2 tsp of children's Benadryl and that seemed to do the trick
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You should always talk to your Dr. and/or pharmacist before you take anything.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Thank you, but as I said my appt is on Monday and I plan on discussing it. Just wondering if anyone was ever prescribed anything by their doctors during a pregnancy.
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 7:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I was allowed to take 1 benedryl tablet, just 1 tablet. It helped a bit. Maybe your doctor will have something else for you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i took ambien during my last two pregnancies...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 7:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010