He said what??

My MIL was telling me a story about her most favorite grandchild EVER the other day and this is pretty much how the story went..

"On his first day of 2nd grade his black teacher was saying goodbye to all of them and giving them a hug before they left. He told her "No I don't touch brown people." Haha it was the cutest thing"

I was like WHAT??? How is this cute.. AT ALL? That''s offensive and could have really gotten him into trouble. This kid is 8 years old, but is so spoiled it is unreal and acts as if he is 4. We are used to hearing about how cute he is, but this one is just bizarre! How would you feel if your child said something like this?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah I'd tell me child why that was inappropriate and one day if he doesn't watch it, he's gonna get a well deserved black eye from someone who didn't like what he said in a few years.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I don't understand how that is cute at all. If your MIL thinks it's cute, that might explain where the attitude came from.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i would wonder where he got it from and sit him down and talk to him about
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'd be mortified (and very sad)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• He learned it somewhere... If Grandma thought it was funny then I guess we know where.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i would think that be rude
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2010