How did you quit smoking?

I would love to hear how some of you ladies kicked smoking for good. I have quit before, during my pregnancies, but always end up going back. I want to quit again, but I am just so scared of feeling the withdrawal again. At one point I was quit for 3 yrs and during that time I never felt right or myself. Any suggestions?

momofone221

Asked by momofone221 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• I woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and told myself: You are not a smoker. And every time I had a craving, I called that craving a liar because I am not a smoker...it was a shift from telling myself I'm trying to quit: trying means failing. But since I am not a smoker, I don't smoke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I only smoke about 10 a day and still have such a hard time.
    momofone221

Comment by momofone221 (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I found cross-stitch helped me quit. With me I wasn't so much craving the taste of cigarettes but I needed to keep my hands occupied. I found that swapping a fag for a needle and thread was a great help as it helped keep my mind off smoking and I was being creative at the same time. Hope this helps, good luck, I know it can be difficult but take it 1 day at a time. It can be done.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• wish i could help but i'm trying to do the same heres a bump
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010