Has anyone been on the salvation army angel tree xmas help thing?

i know gifts are not everything but i will not be able to get my child anything for xmas and I was wondering if everyone who applies usually gets something from them or what? Do they get more than one gift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't know what state you live in but we have several Organizations here in Portland, Oregon that not only makes sure the kids have a great Christmas but the whole family.We have a Biker Organization called ABATE that does a Toy run every year for all the children at our childrens hospital called Doernbechers.Some of the clubbers also get involved.Then we have the Sunshine division who is the police helping out familys who are less fortunate than most.I am very proud of the city and state I live in because people really get involved to make sure that everyone has the best christmas that is possible.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I haven't been on it but I have contributed in years past. Blessings wished for you and your family.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I actually wanted to help out with angel tree this year. Dont know everything about it yet but as far as I know the kids write what they want or the parents get contacted so they know what the kid wants. if they then get it all I dont know. I think maybe one gift, or maybe theres a budget? I am not sure. As long as they get one that should be nice I think.
    Why dont you ask them how it work's.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No, but I'll bump for you.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I wanted to know the same thing cause we are in the same pickle. My husband swears that it's only for foster kids but I don't think so. I think that if you go to the Salvation Army and ask they will tell you something about it. I plan to go down probably on Monday....Good luck to ya!
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I've taken names from that tree for over 40 years. It's a very special tradition!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 2:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010