I dont understand the month thing, what am i now?

Alright so next week im going to be 16 weeks..is that the end of the 3 months..or is that exactly 4 months?

i go by ever 4 weeks as a month...
so im a bit confused..i tried looking it up on the internet but i get weird results..anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I counted it as 4 months.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 3:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Doctors calculate it by lunar months. Every lunar month as 4 weeks of 7 days which equals 28 days to every 1 lunar month.

So if you are 16 weeks..... you are 4 months exactly.

16 divided by 4=4 months.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you are in your 4th month. month 4 started at about 13 weeks

BTW your method of 4 weeks is a month means your pregnant for 10 months :) months aren't based on weeks on calendars. just thought I'd throw that in there.
    Anonymous

• I just asked this question yesterday... lol. Some people told me to count by 4 weeks, like 4 6 8 12 16 20 24 28 32 36 40 BUT that would give you too many months!!! Either way, I'm 18 weeks and considered 4 1/2 months. I think the websites are more accurate
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I just told everyone how far along I was in weeks. It's easier. I mean, if you say you are 4 months, people won't know if you are in the beginning middle or end of your month. Even a week or two makes a big difference. Hope you find what you are looking for!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• wow! being pregnant gets more and more complicated and confusing! at least ill know all of this for the next time my SO and I are ready for another one
    Anonymous

• 16 weeks =4 months

18 weeks=4 1/2 months

20 weeks=5 months

24 weeks= 6 months

and so on and so forth...

however many weeks you are, divided by four and thats how many months you are.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

This was helpful by the way!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• but thankyou for telling me! :]
    lol, i tried asking my doctor but she explained it in a very confusing way and when i asked her to explain it better she couldnt..
    Anonymous

• I agree, however many weeks you are divided by 4...when you get to nine and still have weeks to go, just start saying "any day now"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008