Heartburn

Does anybody else suffer from really bad heartburn?

CharlotteMurdin

Asked by CharlotteMurdin at 8:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• I did during my pregnancy sometimes tumbs helped me alot or even spearmint gum!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i use to but i put my bed on a incline and it has been a lot better i still get it from time to time but not as bad and not as often i did that about 2years ago and why is this question in adoption
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I do when I was pregnant I would suck on peppermint candies. Now, I am on precription Prilosec and I would take 1/2 tsp baking soda into a glass of water and drink that it really helped before I got the script
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I never had it AT ALL with my previous 2 pregnancies, or even when i'm not pregnant. But I am 20 weeks pg with twins and I feel as if these two are making up for all the "FUN" i have missed out on LOL It is very painful and I have found that milk and tums are my best friend
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh, I didn't realise it was in adoption :s lol, loads have people have recommended tums, what is that? lol
    CharlotteMurdin

Comment by CharlotteMurdin (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Tums are antacid tablets. They are with the stomach problem remedies in any drugstore or grocery store. They work great for me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I did occasionally before being pregnant and then all the time while I was pregnant. Now I have it pretty frequently and I take Zantac every morning.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh My God Yes!!! It is AWFUL. My doctor was able to prescribe me 150mg of Ranidine to take twice a day, but which helped at first, but then it started getting bad again. Finally after 2 weeks of waking up around 2:00 a.m. coughing so bad from the acid in my throat which lead to me eventually throwing up, and losing 4 lbs, they prescribed me previcid to take once daily. I've found that if I take the previcid in the morning, that it pretty much covers me throughout the day. If I get the feeling that I'm going to have a bad flair up that night, I'll take the ranidine and eat a few rolaids soft chews and sit up for at least an hour before I try to lay down, and that normally works. But yeah, there was a while there that even my hubby said this kid better come out looking like cousin It from Adams Family because I've had so much indigestion..
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 10:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Only when I was preggers
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Take a shot of apple cider vinegar
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010