How long does it usually take a normal healthy woman to get pregnant?

My fiancee and I are trying for our second child. I have been off birth control for 3months atleast. He works odd hours so when I have to go to work in the morning, I am already sleeping when he gets home. So of course those are no "fly" times. But I have like 2-3 days off mon thru fri. We do have a few available times. I don't even know when I ovulate. I would love to have another baby

beesmilin

Asked by beesmilin at 12:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• just have sex as much as possible.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• A healthy couple timing things correctly has only a 20% chance of conceiving in any given month. Since you work odd hours, I'd steer clear from doing the temps. You could drive yourself nuts. If you have a regular 28 day cycle, get an ovulation predictor kit and start using it to find out when you ovulate (usually anywhere from day 10-18 of your cycle). Don't give up if it's only been 3 months. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i have been using a ovulation test and that way u will know exactly what day.
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 2:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I got pregnant after I stopped trying so hard. It took me 1 1/2 years.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• There really isn't a set time for every woman. It depends on several things. And I think momoflilangel hit the spot, things usually happen when your not trying. Your body works weird, especially if it knows its under pressure! But definitely have alot of sex, just don't expect it to happen right away. Good luck!
    Babs310

Answer by Babs310 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• It varies with different women. Everyting I have heard suggests that it happens when you are having sex for fun far more often than it happens when you are having timed sex to have a baby. Your stress level seriously effects your ability to concieve, so try to relax & enjoy sex with your husband because you love it. Pregnancy will come.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Well Me and my husban is trying to have another too. That awhile back i thought i was. But it turned out to be a Neg yeah i was unhappy about it but my sister-law said if it met to be it will happy .. I mean my son will be 2 this Nov i guess i want to Enjoy him and get ready for my 2 child too.. Sometimes i feel really bad for my oldest son because he don't have that many kids that come pay besides his Cousin so...... And his bestfriend..... Another boy i keep
    Angel_1981

Answer by Angel_1981 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I am a normal healthy woman and it took me 4yrs
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Shit it seemed like my husband just had to look at me and I was pregnant!!! My mom called me "fertile myrtle"!!!! The first child was an oops, and the 2nd we talked about having another one and then booom it was like 2 weeks later, I was pregnant. Then the third, one- we were just thinking about it- then booom, we had to prepare for the last one, cause I was too scared to get pregnant again!!! I feel for those women who have problems getting pregnant or trying to conceive- it's seems like the women who don't need nor want children can pop them out and the women who long for one and would be great moms can't have one, I have 2 family members who have gone through so many ordeals, and still can't have kids and I feel bad for them, especially when I have taken for granted my purpose on earth. But then I remember what I was told years ago about God knows what he is doing and it is meant to be it will.
    3kids2many

Answer by 3kids2many at 10:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2008