How do i get pee stains and smell out of my therapedic matress?!

I have a therapedic matress and my son has peed on on it several times and i dont know how to get the smell out or the stains. when we bought it they also sold us a water proof sheet that was supposed to protect it from that and it doesnt work! what do i do??

Asked by garciaz at 4:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• well you could shampoo your mattress, or rent a shampoo-er, or sometimes i would scrub it with a mixture of bleach and water, then blow a fan on it to dry.

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Try OXY CLEAN spray in the laundry stain remover section. Works like a charm!!

Answer by amydh at 6:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I dont know if I would use the bleach because I have one of those things and bleach wears the fabric out fast. If you had to do that all the time you would need to replace it in no time. I still have bed wetting issues with my kids and sometimes when they take naps on my bed I forget to put a pull up on with my hectic day and it pees right threw the protective sheet just like you said. I have a great 3 in 1 solution I use called Sol-u-mel but it exclusive with Melaleuca but its been a life saver for me with my kids. It even removes permanant marker. You know how you normally have to use sticky labels to label something with the marker. Well I dont like the sticky things that much and finding out that the sol-u-mel gets the marker out was heaven sent for me. Especially since my son thinks the walls and floors of my house are his coloring book.

Answer by amkatmomof2 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would try a product called Nature's Miracle. It totally neutralizes dog pee so I don't see why it wouldn't neutralize human pee. I

Answer by manna1qd at 8:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2008