How do i get pee stains and smell out of my therapedic matress?!

I have a therapedic matress and my son has peed on on it several times and i dont know how to get the smell out or the stains. when we bought it they also sold us a water proof sheet that was supposed to protect it from that and it doesnt work! what do i do??

garciaz

Asked by garciaz at 4:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• well you could shampoo your mattress, or rent a shampoo-er, or sometimes i would scrub it with a mixture of bleach and water, then blow a fan on it to dry.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Try OXY CLEAN spray in the laundry stain remover section. Works like a charm!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I dont know if I would use the bleach because I have one of those things and bleach wears the fabric out fast. If you had to do that all the time you would need to replace it in no time. I still have bed wetting issues with my kids and sometimes when they take naps on my bed I forget to put a pull up on with my hectic day and it pees right threw the protective sheet just like you said. I have a great 3 in 1 solution I use called Sol-u-mel but it exclusive with Melaleuca but its been a life saver for me with my kids. It even removes permanant marker. You know how you normally have to use sticky labels to label something with the marker. Well I dont like the sticky things that much and finding out that the sol-u-mel gets the marker out was heaven sent for me. Especially since my son thinks the walls and floors of my house are his coloring book.
    amkatmomof2

Answer by amkatmomof2 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would try a product called Nature's Miracle. It totally neutralizes dog pee so I don't see why it wouldn't neutralize human pee. I
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2008