does anyone besides me have a S.O. who is a picker eater than the kids? if so how do u deal with it?

My s.o. will not eat anything it seems. Nothing italian nothing with cheese. I feel like we eat the same things all the time and it is driving me crazy cause the kids will eat anything!

MotherofTheCs

Asked by MotherofTheCs at 9:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Mine is a picky eater also. I have one kid that will eat anything and one picky one I do not let them create another dinner that includes cereal and/or soup too. If you don't like it, too bad so sad!! Hubs can then create for the family (off the monthly menu plan) what he prefers the following night!! When I cook I do try to take into consideration others preferences but you can't make em all happy at the same time so deal with whats presented in front of you or go without!! BTW:: As a family I try to get input and preferences as to what they would like on the monthly menu. If they don't contribute to that discussion or say whatever to all my suggestions then they have no room to talk, and for my picky kids, he can just dig around his unappealing veggies to get to the parts of the meal he will eat.

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• UGH! I just quit asking him what he wanted to eat. He complained I never cooked. which i dont honestly... but when i DID cook and have stuff ready for when he came home he ALWAYS made something else for himself, while me and the kids ate what i made. i asked him about it one day and he said i never cook what he wants and if i do, i don't make it the way he likes it. i said fine if you're going to be such a damn baby about it, you can starve.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• One of my kids started being like that, so I would make dinner and if she didn't want to eat it, i let her know there was soup, sandwiches, cereal, or leftovers in the fridge. She finally "grew out of it".
    double.shot

Answer by double.shot at 9:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Mine used to be somewhat picky, and the kids weren't - but they were beginning to show signs. I finally said "Grow up! You keep being so damn picky and the kids are going to get picky too - you need to eat what I make so they do! I am not and will not be a short order cook - I'm going to make one meal and if you don't like it, leave - because the kids need to be good eaters and not picky like you! You just need to grow up!". And that was that. He started trying new things, liking new things, showing the kids that hey, daddy's eating it so you can too. He learned. Shoot, I even started trying a couple things *I* wasn't fond of, but grew to like. Keep cooking good wholesome meals for your family, so your kids keep a wide variety of foods they like, and if he doesn't like it, he can cook himself something after they are in bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Show him a picture of a cancerous colon, because that're where he's heading if he doesn't start eating some fiber.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I cook almost every night but due to his pickiness I am reduced to cooking burgers, tacos, and chicken nuggets what feels like constantly. Ud think a grown man could suck it up every now and then lol
    MotherofTheCs

Comment by MotherofTheCs (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Fist - Yes!! Thank you!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010